Anita Otten, June 2008-present.
The MTA Vice-President will:
- Perform all duties of the President in his/her absence.
- Serve as a support team member with the President in district issues and
other concerns, and in dealings with the School Board and Administration.
- Attend all MTA Governance Board meetings.
- Serve as a standing member of the Meet and Confer Committee.
- Chair the Elections Committee.
- Chair the Constitution and Bylaws Committee.
- Meet monthly with the Executive Officers.
- Develop goals with the Executive Officers, to be completed during the
- Keep up-to-date on district policies and the Master Agreement.
- Be aware of pending grievances, status of negotiations, and what is
happening within the district.
- Know and use Robertís Rules of Parliamentary Procedure.
- Attend appropriate training/leadership conferences at the UniServ, state,
and national levels.
- Assist in recruiting and training MTA Governance Board Building
- Submit committee update articles to the Newsletter Editor.
- Represent the MTA at various public events (awards banquets, retirement
dinners, New Teachers luncheon, etc.)
- Prepare a schedule for attendance at School Board meetings.
- Perform additional duties as deemed necessary or as assigned by the MTA
Governance Board and/or the President.
Home | Up | Links | Search | Documents | Want Ads
For general information, contact
Secretary Jim Nunn
Other MTA e-mail addresses can be found in the
Website questions can be directed to: