Mary Benson, June 2008-present.
The MTA President will:
- Serve as the Chief Executive Officer and official spokesperson of the MTA
- to the membership,
- to the Administration and the School Board,
- to the community and the media,
- to Education Minnesota, NEA and AFT.
- Develop and send out the agenda at least two days prior to regularly
scheduled MTA Governance Board meetings.
- Preside over Governance Board meetings.
- Co-chair Meet and Confer meetings with the Administration.
- Meet monthly with the Executive Officers.
- Develop goals with the Executive Officers, to be completed during the
- Be aware of pending grievances, status of negotiations, and happenings
within the district.
- Work with the MTA Negotiator(s) to negotiate the Master Agreement.
- Make committee and committee chair assignments.
- Serve as an ex officio member of all MTA committees.
- Know and use Robertís Rules of Parliamentary Procedure.
- Attend appropriate training/leadership conferences at the UniServ, state,
and national levels.
- Attend as ranking MTA delegate, the Education Minnesota Representative
Convention and the NEA/AFT National Convention.
- Attend Metro West UniServ meetings to represent the MTA.
- Represent the MTA on the district Insurance Committee.
- Write a monthly column for the MTA newsletter.
- Represent the MTA at various public events (awards banquets, retirement
dinners, New Teachers luncheon, etc.)
- Call special Governance Board meetings as deemed necessary.
- Perform additional duties as deemed necessary or as assigned by the MTA
Home | Up | Links | Search | Documents | Want Ads
For general information, contact
Secretary Jim Nunn
Other MTA e-mail addresses can be found in the
Website questions can be directed to: